- Linkedin buys news reader Pulse for $90 million
- Sony announced Call of duty: Black ops 3 limited edition Playstation 4 bundle and it is stunning
- Moto G users facing lost connection and SIM card issues after updating to Kitkat
- Sony reportedly working on Playstation 4 VR headset
- Former Apple CEO to launch smartphone brand in India
Apple has announced that it’s next version of it’s desktop operating system OS X Yosemite will be available to download for free on the Mac app store later today. One of the most exciting feature of OS X 10.10 Yosemite is called Continuity, which allows for much easier and seamless transitions between mobile and desktop devices. This extends to the new Instant Hotspot feature, Messages, phone calls and much more. The way in which it works is that, let’s say when you receive a phone call, your Mac shows a notification, you can accept a call on your Mac and it can even use the computer as a speakerphone and it is demoed today at the event. This feature needs iOS 8.1 which will be available to download for free on Monday.
Continuity is only a part of the Yosemite’s story, some of the improvements include a redesigned interface where it has typography and translucency which is similar to iOS 7. The notification centre is also improved so now you can show widgets from various apps. And also there’s a brand new feature called dark UI mode. The latest improvements to Apple’s iWork applications including Keynote, Pages, Numbers have also been demoed at the event today.