- Samsung announces Galaxy tab active aimed at businesses
- Apple sends out invites to October 16th event: “It’s been way too long”
- OS X Yosemite available for free on the Mac app store today
- Indian prices for upcoming games revealed
- Samsung reportedly to launch Galaxy S5 by April with eye-scanning technology
Apple has informed Vanity fair that Marc Newson, a renowned designer will be joining Jony Ive’s design team. Jony Ive and Newson have long been friends and they recently worked in cooperation with U2’s Bono to curate a RED charity auction last year that raised around $26 million.
I’m full of admiration and respect for the extraordinary design work that has been produced by Jony and the team at Apple,” Newson said. “My close friendship with Jony has not only given me a unique insight into that process, but the opportunity to work together with him and the people that have been responsible. I am enormously proud to join them.
Apple declined to comment when asked if Newson is involved with plans for an anticipated smart watch. Newson, will continue to be based in the United Kingdom, will be an employee of Apple, and will frequently be traveling to the company’s headquarters.