- Flipkart expands it’s ‘In-a-Day Guarantee’ service to 50 Indian cities
- Apple launches two-week iPhone trial offer in India
- Rumor: iPhone 6 could feature a Solar-powered Sapphire glass display
- Apple’s iWork,iMovie,iPhoto will be available for free for those who purchase new iOS devices
- Apple has announced iPhone 5c
Amazon today announced it’s very first smartphone and calls it the Fire Phone. The device features a 4.7-inch screen, 2.2 GHz quad-core processor, 2 GB of RAM, 13-megapixel rear-facing camera, Adreno 330 graphics and it runs a custom version of Android called Fire OS 3.5.
The Fire Phone is 0.35 inches thick, and weighs 5.64 ounces. Talking about the camera, Jeff bezos claimed that no matter what the situation is the Fire Phone takes better pictures when compared to iPhone 5S and Galaxy S5. Amazon is also offering the Fire phone owners unlimited cloud storage for photos.
The device won’t be available for a few more weeks. According to the company’s site, the device will be available starting on July 25. You’ll be able to purchase a 32GB version or a 64GB version from AT&T for $199 or $299 with a contract respectively .But you can also buy it unlocked direct from Amazon for $649 and $749 respectively.
No update so far on when the phone will hit other markets, But we will keep you updated.